What is a Fridgescoop?
An aerodynamic, roof mounted, air deflector for a medium duty refrigerated box truck
Why install a Fridgescoop?
Released in 2009, the excellent aerodynamic features of FridgeScoop™ through the reduction in air drag*, has proven to:
- Reduce vehicle fuel consumption by an average of 10%-15%
- Improve vehicle stability
- Reduce vehicle driveline wear and tear
- Improve driver safety – reduced ‘fighting’ with steering in windy conditions
- Reduce the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) from $6,000 – $20,000** per vehicle
- Typically recoup their full cost in 12 months or less (ROI)
- Produce immediate positive cash returns versus cost – Real Cost of Finance (RCF)
- Annual CO2 emission reductions of 4-6 tons per truck per year***
*Drag – A force acting opposite to the relative motion of a moving object
**Savings vary with local fuel costs
*** 20lbs of CO2/gallon of gasoline | 22lbs of CO2/gallon of diesel
The FridgeScoop™ is a vehicle specific roof device which is fully molded. It fits to factory mounting points and has a reinforced non-slip rear platform on which to stand to service the fridge unit.
Fuel Savings of 10-15% are normal.