Aeroz-Products Australia Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Fuelscoop?
- What is a Fridgescoop?
- What is a Molded Platform?
- Why should I install a Fuelscoop or Fridgescoop?
- What are the product benefits?
- What is TCO?
- How do I determine my potential fuel Savings?
- Do your products come in different sizes or heights?
- Are they easily installed?
- Which truck models do the products fit?
- How much can I expect to reduce my fuel costs?
- What factors can impact on my fuel savings?
- What is a Nosecone?
- Fuelscoop or NoseCone?
- Product reliability?
- What is a Fuelcone?
- How do I order?
- Who fits or installs it?
1. What is a Fuelscoop?
A FuelScoop is a roof-mounted, fiberglass, air-deflecting device designed for medium, dry-freight box trucks to significantly reduce fuel consumption, improve stability, reduce transmission wear and tear and enhance driver control.
2. What is a Fridgescoop?
A FridgeScoop is a roof-mounted, fiberglass, air-deflecting device designed for medium, refrigerated box trucks to significantly reduce fuel consumption, improve stability, reduce transmission wear and tear and enhance driver control.
3. What is a Moulded Platform?
A Molded Platform is a roof-mounted, fiberglass, work platform enabling safer access for those that choose to stand on the roof to service the truck body mounted refrigeration unit.
Whereas metal roof mounted truck platforms damage roof mounts, whistle, rust, and cause air turbulence, the Fuelscoop Molded Platform has a front air deflector that has proved to provide fuel savings in client tests.
4. Why should I install a Fuelscoop or Fridgescoop?
Over 30 years of product history has consistently demonstrated average fuel savings of between 10% and 15% once these products are installed.
Due to the specific design of Fuelscoop & Fridgescoop, with their improved aerodynamics, safety is substantially improved due to better vehicle stability. In addition, the reduced drag created by these products consistently lowered transmission repairs saving on operating costs.
5. What are the product benefits?
- Reduces fuel costs by an average of 10%-15%
- Improves safety, by better truck stability
- Reduces transmission wear and tear
- Improves driver control and safety
- Increases Corporate or Brand exposure
6. What is TCO?
Total Cost of Ownership encompasses ALL costs involved throughout the life of an asset, including, but not limited to, acquisition.
Fuel is the largest non-labor, non-capital cost associated with fleet management.
By way of example; If a truck life is five years and the owner’s cost of fuel is $30,000p.a. Fuelscoop should reduce the TCO by at least $15,000.
7. How do I determine my potential fuel Savings?
We have an interactive Fuel Savings Calculator on our website that allows you to enter your three unique variables:
- Annual kms/miles travelled
- KM per litre or Miles per gallon of your truck
- Cost per litre/gallon of your fuel
From that data it will calculate your annual fuel savings after the installation of a FuelScoop
8. Are your products made in different heights?
We do produce different height FuelScoops to accommodate a variety of chassis and body manufacturers.
9. Are they easily installed?
Any qualified mechanic should easily be able to install each of our products in about one hour. They either bolt to existing factory anchor points or bond directly to the cab roof. The assembly and installation methods can be view on the Aeroz America YouTube channel accessible via this link.
10. Which truck models do the products fit?
Currently we manufacture products for the following brands and models:
11. How much can I expect to reduce my fuel costs?
Dependent on application, savings in excess of ten percent are normal, with many clients exceeding twenty percent.
12. What factors can impact on my fuel savings?
The following are a few variables that will increase or decrease your fuel savings:
- Long highway trips result in optimal fuel savings
- In-town driving with frequent stops and starts reduce fuel savings
- Empty or lightly loaded truck uses less fuel than the same fully loaded truck
- Driving with a strong tailwind uses less fuel than driving into a headwind
- The driving style of the operator can improve fuel savings
- Dimensions of the truck body
- Road conditions and topography
- Our products all significantly reduce wind drag, effectively adding power to the truck. Often drivers will use this new-found power to drive faster which increases fuel consumption.
13. What is a Nosecone?
A NoseCone is a cone type aerodynamic device that can be fitted to a trailer or truck body (some people also refer to it as a bubble).
14. I know I need an aerodynamic product – should I buy a Fuelscoop or NoseCone?
In almost every circumstance a Fuelscoop is superior, whether judged in terms of fuel savings, performance, safety via improved vehicle stability or even Brand exposure. NoseCone is a less sophisticated and therefore the cheaper option and therefore is good for older vehicles with uncertain life expectancy.
The addition of a roof-mounted Fuelscoop to a truck with a NoseCone will add to the performance of the NoseCone by ensuring that the underside of the cone is not able to deflect the airflow down behind the truck cab.
15. I cannot afford to have my truck off the road-how reliable is Fuelscoop?
The current designs that mounts to the factory roof mounts has been the system of mounting since 2005-2006, using metal brackets for attachment and then 2007 using a molded base. Over the 14-15 years since introduction we have never had a failure causing any damage to the truck or Fuelscoop. Once a Fuelscoop is fitted correctly, other than an occasional roof bolt check, Fuelscoop is fitted and forgotten (it outlasts the useful life of the truck).
16. What is a Fuelcone?
A Fuelcone is similar to a Nosecone, except it has a flat base so the airflow does not get deflected down behind the truck cab. It also has an increased radius to the edges at the side and top of the cone.
At 300mm deep Fuelcone Slim allows tighter margins for gap between front of body and rear of truck cab
Fuel savings of 6 to 12 per cent should be anticipated with Fuelcone Slim and the results from the standard Fuelcone are well in excess of this, have been achieved. Tests replacing nosecone with Fuelcone have provided the operators up to 10 percent extra fuel saving.
17. How do I order one?
Our sales staff will be happy to answer any questions and take your order.
Australia – 1 300 4 AEROZ (23769)
USA – (805) 453-2826 Toll-free (800) 772-3731
18. Who Fits it?
On newer trucks, a Fuelscoop is on a moulded mounting base which is secured to the factory mount points.
In most cases the mounting can be performed by dealers and owners in an hour or so, but Aeroz-Products and Aeroz-America offer a fitting service.